Michael & Susan Dell Foundation
Revision Date: 1-31-12
- Content. The Websites have been created by MSDF, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt private foundation and Texas non-profit corporation. The Websites and their contents, including, without limitation, all text and images, are owned and/or licensed by MSDF. Reproduction, distribution, republication or retransmission of any Websites material is prohibited unless the prior written permission of MSDF has been obtained. Linking to the Websites is permitted for charitable and/or non-commercial purposes; however, MSDF reserves the right to prohibit linking to the Websites for any reason in its sole discretion.
- No Warranty. The content on the Websites has been prepared by MSDF for general informational purposes only. While reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the information in the Websites is accurate, the information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up-to-date. ALL WEBSITES INFORMATION IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS WHERE-IS” BASIS. No warranty is made as to the accuracy of the content on the Websites. MSDF reserves the right to change Website content as needed, with retroactive effect as designated, to correct any errors or other information that may have been posted.
- Collection of Personally Identifiable Information. MSDF may collect personally identifiable information via the Websites from Users who voluntarily provide such information. Personally identifiable information will not be collected by any method that does not involve an affirmative action on the part of the User to submit such information to MSDF. Examples of situations in which the Websites may collect personally identifiable information include, but are not limited to: email addresses of Users who send email to MSDF; mailing addresses of Users who sign up for notification of upcoming events; content of on-line grant application submissions; content of on-line scholarship application submissions; and information submitted by scholarship providers related to licensing of the ScholarSnappTM solution and logos. Users acknowledge and agree that MSDF may use such information in any manner reasonably related to its charitable purpose. Such charitable purpose may include disclosure of personally identifiable information to MSDF’s employees and third party contractors working on behalf of MSDF in support of MSDF’s administrative functions.
- No Selling of Information. MSDF will not sell any non-personalized user data or personally identifiable information to any other party.
- Security of Communications/Information. While MSDF makes reasonable efforts to secure communications over the Websites, which may vary depending on the content of the information transmitted, MSDF does not provide secure transactions at all times. For example, scholarship application information submitted by the User is transmitted through SSL encrypted communication methods, while other transmissions like general User email questions are not. MSDF also makes reasonable efforts to maintain security measures and tools to protect against the loss or theft of information collected through the Websites. However, no security measures can ensure complete privacy and confidentiality of information, and MSDF cannot guarantee, and makes no warranty regarding, the security of any information transmitted or collected.
- Compliance with Law. MSDF will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities and comply with any court orders requesting MSDF to disclose personally identifiable or other information requested by such authorities.
- User Actions and User-Provided Information. Users agree that any information provided to MSDF shall be accurate and complete. Users agree not to provide information to MSDF that relates to any individuals (other than themselves) or entities without the permission of the individual or entity referenced. Users agree not to use the Websites in any manner that may be infringing, for a commercial/advertising purpose, threatening, false, misleading, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or give rise to any criminal or civil liability. Users agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations relating to User’s use of the Websites.
- No Users Under 13. The Websites are intended for use by individuals who are 13 years old or older. The Websites are not directed at children, and any individuals who are under 13 years of age should not use the Websites.
- User Feedback. MSDF welcomes feedback about the Websites from Users. Users acknowledge and agree that any feedback, or any other information, provided shall become the sole property of MSDF, and MSDF may use such feedback or information in any manner in its sole discretion.
- Unsubscribing. Users may receive MSDF announcements via email or other methods based on prior interactions Users may have had with the Websites. To unsubscribe to such announcements, Users should follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the email sent, or contact Communications@msdf.org.
- User Assumption of Risk; Release and Indemnification. Users assume all risks related to use of the Websites. Each User agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold MSDF (including its affiliates, officers, directors, members, employees, agents and representatives) harmless from and against any losses, damages, liabilities or costs of any nature related in any manner to the use of the Websites by such User. MSDF shall not be liable to Users or any other parties for any claims for damages, whether direct, indirect, special, consequential, incidental or punitive, based on any cause of action whatsoever relating to use of the Websites by any person or entity.
- Users Who are Governmental Employees or Officials. MSDF welcomes governmental employees and officials to peruse the MSDF Websites. If you choose to contact MSDF for further information, you acknowledge that you are contacting MSDF on behalf of your governmental body/agency to request the input and expertise of MSDF for technical assistance on a specific project.